This peachy vegan BBQ pulled pork is the perfect go to for a summer bbq or picnic. The peach flavor pairs perfectly with the spice of the bbq sauce. This Peachy Vegan BBQ Pulled Pork will be anyone’s favorite!
Jackfruit is truly an impressive fruit. I was recently watched Zac Efron’s netflix show, Down to Earth, in which he explores different countries to explore healthy, sustainable ways of life. He came across a farm that grew jackfruit and it grows so large!! The legit was half the size of a grown mans body.
Jackfruit is big in the vegan world, which I never knew! It takes the place of meat in many recipes. I have see it in tacos, sandwiches and so much more. The texture of it replicates pulled pork so well. So, this peaked my interested when I became vegan.
I have cooked with it a few times and I found that it is very important to cook it long enough to have the liquid removed so the texture is not too weird. I am a big texture person, and I can get grossed out easily, so the first time I made this recipe, I def did not cook it enough and wanted to spit it out.
So, basically what I am saying is that I tested this recipe through and through for you all to make sure any people who have issues with texture are safe!
I recently added peaches to this because I love all things peach and wanted to hold onto summer flavors a little longer. I am happy I did because the sweetness of the peach compliments the spice so well!
While most of my recipes are very easy and do not take much time, this one does take more time and has a little more steps! I would not call it hard, but it def does take time. The baking process alone takes 45-55 minutes. But do not let that deter you, this recipe is worth the time to make!
Peachy Vegan Pulled PorkCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
This Peachy Vegan Pulled Pork is perfect for summertime bbqs or picnic! It captures the perfect balance between spicy and sweet!
1 12 oz can of frozen jackfruit
1/2 medium white onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup of vegan bbq sauce
2 tsp of olive oil
2 tsp of smoke salt
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of chili
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cup of veggie stock
1 tsp of soy sauce
1/2 peach, diced into small pieces
- Place oil in a medium sized sauce pan over medium to low heat.
- Add garlic and cook for approx. 2 minutes.
- Add in onions until translucent, stirring often.
- Add spices, cinnamon, jackfruit, peaches and soy sauce and stir so they are well combined.
- Bring the heat to medium and add in veggie stock.
- Let simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the the majority of the liquid is absorbed, stirring often.
- While the mixture is simmering, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add in 1 tbsp of bbq sauce and stir for 1 minutes.
- Place parchment or tin foil on a baking tray. Place jackfruit mixture on top of parchment or tin foil and cook for 45-55 or until it is brown and the liquids have absorbed.
- Pour on additional bbq sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
- Eat as a sandwhich, or on top of mac and cheese!