This Drunk in the Graveyard Martini is an adult play on a kid classic. Inspired by the dirt pie we used to eat, this graveyard martini is spooky, rich with dark chocolate and very boo-zy! Perfect for a terror-ific night in, or an adult Halloween party!
There is nothing better than spooky season! I live for this time of the year. The horror and gore. It is like a twisted Christmas that everyone is celebrating.
I enjoy creating terrifying recipes for this time of the year. My personal favorite so far was my simple, under 30 minute vampire donuts (click here for the recipe!). I am not a creative person, but for some reason, I can get very creative during this time of the year.
Despite being creative, it is extremely hard to be unique during Halloween. It seems like any idea I think of, it has already been done. So, I reallly needed to get creative for this one. I looked to Halloween desserts as inspiration, and what better dessert to turn to than dirt pie (if you are looking for a vegan dirt pie recipe, that is not alcoholic, click here).
Making the Drink
This drink is very simple to make! The rim is dipped in dark chocolate then dipped into crushed oreos! So much yum.
The drink itself has dark chocolate, triple sec, Bailey’s Almande and chocolate vodka. The triple sec adds a nice hint of citrus that balances the bitterness of the vodka, but does not overpower the drink. You heat the chocolate, then place all the ingredients in a shaker and shake!
I used a sugar cookie and vegan gummy worms as garnishes! My sugar cookie recipe will be posted within the next few days, and I will update this post when it does! If you would like it right now, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will directly send you the recipe.
Want to get even more boo-zy?
Check out my bloody mimosa recipe (it is super simple) right here!
Did you make this drink?
I am so happy you did! Please lave me a review below and tag me on social media (@peachhtreee). This encourages me for the future!
Drunk in the Graveyard MartiniCourse: DrinksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Drunk in the Graveyard Martini is an adult play on a kid classic. Inspired by the dirt pie we used to eat, this graveyard martini is spooky, rich with dark chocolate and very boo-zy! Perfect for a terror-fic night in, or an adult Halloween party!
2 oz Baily Almande (vegan cream liquor)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks, melted (or chocolate syrup)
4 oz Chocolate Vodka
1 oz Triple Sec
5 Oreos, crushed (remove the cream in middle)
1/4 cup of dark chocolate, melted
Coconut Oil (optional)
- Melt dark chocolate for rim in a shallow, microwave safe bowl. If it is not melting well, add a tiny bit of vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Crush up Oreos in a food processor (or in a bag) and place in another shallow bowl. Be sure to remove the cream on the inside.
- Carefully dip the rim of the martini glasses in the melted chocolate then dip it immediately in the crushed Oreos. You may need to twirl it a little to get a good amount on.
- Melt chocolate for martini in a microwave safe bowl (if not using syrup).
- Take a spoon and drizzle some of the melted chocolate into the martini glass for a drizzle design. Option to place martini in the fridge for 5 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- Place all ingredients for the martini, plus a handful of ice, into a shaker and shake well! Pour into martini glass.
- Option to garnish with sugar cookie tomb stone or ghost, or a vegan gummy worm and option to sprinkle oreo crumbs on top.
Never miss a recipe!
Sign up below to always be the first to know about a new blog post.